Sunday, December 28, 2008

Burger King – An example of what service is not


Last night (Dec. 27, 2008) I accompanied 2 of my nieces to Sungai Buluh to check on a cousin’s house as he and his family were away for the weekend. On the way back we decided to stop at the Sungai Buluh overhead rest area for a break. It was 11.50 p.m. As Burger King was still open, we decided to get some food there.

There are 3 service counters at the restaurant. One of them had the straw dispenser in front indicating to me that it was closed. There were queues at the other 2 counters. However, what we failed to realize was that only one of the counters was being manned.

A while later, someone told us that the counter we were queued behind was closed, so the whole queue had to move behind the one counter that was being manned.

When we told the supervisor (that’s what we assumed she was as she was in a maroon uniform while the others were dressed in black) that she should place a sign indicating that the counters were closed, her answer surprised me.

“We don’t have a sign. If you want to complain, the telephone number is there,” pointing to the wall. The number 03-2026 1800 is apparently not a 24 hour one, so I’ll have to wait till Tuesday to call them, that’s if I still want to bother giving feedback.

Anyway, I thought I’d share this for the benefit of those of you in the service industry.


No comments: