Thursday, September 12, 2013

The 'ALLAH' controversy

Haven't been blogging for quite a while and with so many things happening, now seems to be a good time to get back on the bandwagon to share my 2 sen (cents) worth.



Now that the appeal hearing is over, I don’t fancy the position the learned judges are in.   Whatever their decision, it’s not going to be popular.  I wonder, in a case like this, if the decision can be purely legal without any emotions coming into play.  And I wonder if the judges will consider the 'them' versus 'us' reaction that is surely going follow when the verdict is delivered.

I think that the whole issue has very little to do with faith and everything to do with trust.  We just don't seem to trust each other.  More importantly, I think, we don't trust ourselves.


No comments: