Saturday, September 12, 2009

Of bovine heads, may cooler heads prevail...

Masjid Nabawi - Madina, Saudi Arabia
(Photo from islamicity.com)

A friend asked me about the happenings in Shah Alam lately. I think there's already enough written and said about it from both sides of the divide and I don't think I have anything to add to it. However, this is what I shared with him:

Some years back, when I was into sirah (the Prophet SAW's life history) I came upon this incident: A group of Christians from Najran paid a visit to the Prophet SAW in Madina. He (SAW) received his guests in his Masjid. It was a Sunday - the Christian Sabbath. When it came time for Mass, the Prophet SAW and his companions vacated the Masjid so that the Christians could carry on with their devotions undisturbed (inside the Masjid).

You figure out for yourself if the above narration means anything to you.

As we are in the last days of Ramadan, let us strive in living Islam as the Prophet SAW and his companions did.

1 comment:

jupiter said...

Hi Shaik, What you've quoted is beautiful. It shouldn't take a lot to realise that those who are well read or blessed with a richly diversified experience have never rediculed or condemned another's beliefs.